AWP 2015, Minneapolis—Civil Coping Mechanisms will be running rampant throughout the conference with over a dozen authors in attendance including xTx, Brandi Wells, Robert Vaughan, Alexandra Naughton, Lily Hoang, AT Grant, Jamie Iredell, Sean H Doyle, Brandon Hobson, Justin Sirois, Tobias Carroll, Kyle Muntz, Brian Oliu, Ashley Farmer, and so many more. We are… wait, let’s not say it just yet.
*1837–CCM/Two Dollar Radio: HERE BE MONSTERS
This year, CCM is partnering with Eric and Eliza Obenauf of Two Dollar Radio for the bookfair. Head over to table 1837 to say hello and, who knows, maybe buy a book. Consider this the designated m/ m/ zone, where any and all sorts of random, ridiculous promo may transpire. Keep to Facebook and Twitter feed for info. The official CCM/Two Dollar Radio bookfair presence can be collectively monitored here, via this Facebook event, click here.
CCM will be stocked with the entire Quarter 1 2015 Catalogue—titles by xTx, Brandi Wells, AT Grant, Jayinee Basu, and Andrea Kneeland—as well as various titles from previous Catalogues. There will also be a limited number of CCM/Entropy tee-shirts (design by Sommer Browning), CCM/Entropy stickers, and an EXTREMELY limited amount of advanced readers copies (ARCs) from Quarter 2 and 3 2015 Catalogues from authors like Sean H Doyle, Jamie Iredell, Darby Larson, Katie Jean Shinkle, John Colasacco, and M Kitchell but in order to obtain these advance copies, you’ll need to take part in CCM/Entropy’s AWP Treasure Hunt.
(Disclaimer: Andrew WK is in no way shape or form partying in the same realm as CCM)
Yes, it’s true—CCM’s got a Treasure Hunt transpiring over the second and third days (April 10th and 11th) of the AWP 2015 conference. In order to win stickers, shirts, and/or books, you must achieve one of the following (note: once you win, you CANNOT go in for another win. One win per attendee):
* Find AT Grant: Convince him to go with you to the CCM/Two Dollar Radio table. Introduce AT Grant to either Michael J Seidlinger or Janice Lee. Manage a photo. Post to social media.
* Succeed in selling a CCM book to an unsuspecting conference attendee. *must be at the table, within view of Michael J Seidlinger or Janice Lee.
* Spot a CCM/Entropy sticker plastered to convention center property. Take the photo. Post it to social media. Tag Michael Seidlinger and Michael Copeland.
* Take a photo with the author of the book you just bought from the CCM/Two Dollar Radio table. Make sure to hold up the book, make it visible, in the photo. Post to social media and tag CCM, Michael J Seidlinger, and Michael Copeland.
* Sing/scream a verse or chorus from an Andrew WK song. Record it. Post it to social media. Tag CCM, Michael J Seidlinger, and Michael Copeland.
* Recite a line at the CCM/Two Dollar Radio table from Robert Vaughan’s Addicts & Basements, Kyle Muntz’s Green Lights, Edward J Rathke’s Noir: A Love Story, Matthew Salesses’s I’m Not Saying, I’m Just Saying, James Pates’s The Fassbinder Diaries, or Shya Scanlon’s Forecast. Must be within view of the CCM/Two Dollar Radio table (also needs to be: recorded and uploaded to social media).
* Capture Sean Doyle on audio/video telling you an anecdote or story. Post it to social media, tag CCM, Michael J Seidlinger, and Michael Copeland.
* Get the hug-of-approval from Jamie Iredell – photo proof necessary (aka social media photo upload).
* Meet xTx and manage to get her to tell you “We’re coping.” Proof necessary – your copy of Today I Am A Book must have both xTx’s signature and the words “We’re coping.”
* Meet Brandi Wells and manage to get her to tell you “We’re coping.” Proof necessary – your copy of This Boring Apocalypse must have both Brandi’s signature and the words “We’re coping.”
* Find Alexandra Naughton. Convince her to walk with you to the CCM/Two Dollar Radio table and read a poem or two, filmed via your phone and uploaded to social media. Tag CCM, Michael J Seidlinger, and Michael Copeland.
* Find Brandon Hobson. Ask him, “What famous writer once dated Charlie Chaplin’s wife Oona before they were married?” Film and post the answer to social media, tag CCM, Michael J Seidlinger, and Michael Copeland.
* Contact Gabino Iglesias, get him to text you “We’re coping.” Screencap, upload to social media, and show to the CCM table representative.
* Find Justin Sirois. Get him to give you a copy of Falcons on the Floor, signed with the phrase, “We’re coping.” Capture a photo, upload to social media (and tag CCM, Michael J Seidlinger, and Michael Copeland). Show to the CCM table representative.
* Prove to Michael J Seidlinger that you’re coping – be it a bout of being hungover from the previous nights events or a damn good story. Either works.
* Dress up as Andrew WK and show up at the CCM/Two Dollar Radio. Be convincing. Would be cool if you really were Andrew WK showing up at the table.
* Get a photo with Seidlinger holding up the metal horns – upload and tag Michael J Seidlinger and Michael Copeland.
* Find a copy of the Holy Bible. Circle a passage that resonates with your current state of being, take a photo, and post to social media. Tag Janice Lee.
* Baby, it’s cold outside. Get out of the conference hotel for a bit and get some fresh air. Take a picture of a bird. Post to social media and tag Entropy and Janice Lee.
NOTE: Look to ENCLAVE for additional prompts, live updates on which Treasure Hunts have been fully completed, and more.
**Get hunting early because once the prizes are gone, the hunt is over.
NOTE – Prizes are handed out by either Michael J Seidlinger or Janice Lee only.
In addition to social media updates, CCM/Entropy will be rocking ENCLAVE with updates from contributors from the ground floor, be it random (and impulsive) posts or post-AWP recaps and contests–so keep ENCLAVE in a tab, on the ready.
NOTE: Be smart and keep track of what’s going on at ENCLAVE because updates on the CCM Treasure Hunt will land there first.
#AWP15. See you in Minneapolis. We’re coping.